[Imc-radio] Radio story pitch for 3/22 IMCRN

Kranich, Kimberlie Kranich at WILL.uiuc.edu
Wed Mar 10 12:30:13 CST 2004

Hi, all.

I am unable to make your Tuesday meetings, so I was hoping I could make a
pitch for a story idea for the 3/22 newscast.

I would like to submit a story from the community meeting on Tasers that is
taking place on Monday, March 15. At this meeting, the Champaign Chief of
police will present his case for Tasers and the community will raise its
concerns. I could probably give you a 8-10 minute story. Less, if you want.

Champaign City Council will vote on the issue of Tasers at its 3/23 meeting,
so the timing of the radio newscast is just perfect!

If you like this idea, please let me know who the coordinator is for the
3/22 newscast and I will make arrangements to get the story to that person
in a timely fashion.

Thanks for your consideration,
Kimberlie