[Imc-radio] this week on IMC Radio News - anti-war protests, tasers, the Chief vote

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Mon Mar 22 15:56:02 CST 2004

IMC Radio News airs every Monday at 5:30 PM on WEFT 90.1 FM.

This week's show includes:

GLOBAL DAY OF ACTION
Millions gathered globally and hundreds locally to mark the year
anniversary of the U.S. invasion of Iraq.  Protests called for an end to
war and occupation in Iraq.  We will hear from a Gulf War I veteran and a
local businessman who just returned from his second trip to Iraq since the
invasion.

TASER ACQUISITION BY CHAMPAIGN POLICE
Kimberlie Kranich brings you a report from last week's community meeting
force.

CHIEF VOTE
Ben Grosser offers commentary on WICD's coverage of the student vote about
keeping/retiring the Chief as mascot of the U of I.

The entire show as an mp3 and a rough transcript are posted to UCIMC.org.