[Imc-radio] radio

Clint Popetz clint at cpopetz.com
Mon May 31 12:09:03 CDT 2004

On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 04:59:12PM +0000, Sandra Ahten wrote:
> Who is going to be at the meeting tomorrow? I can be, but don't want to be
> there alone. I guess I am producing for next week. I am going to try to do
> an interview on Station Adjustments (criminal justice issue for kids). Does
> anyone one else have anything else that we could use?
>
> Danielle, What do we need to do to officially get a summer hiatus from
> WEFT. If we can't get one, we need to just resign the show, unless someone
> else is willing to step up. This is my last show for the summer.

Danielle and I discussed this last week at the meeting, and both of us
agreed to be at the meeting tomorrow.  Danielle was (is?) going to put out a
call for people who want to discuss the future of IMC Radio News to
attend that meeting.

Basically, Danielle and I felt that with its current format, and the
current level of committment from volunteers, putting the show on
hiatus would just postpone the decision to resign the slot.  Besides,
it is not clear whether the PC would approve a hiatus.  If IMC folks
are interesting in producing in a different format (headlines to be
read once an hour, for example) there needs to be discussion on how to
organize this and pitch it to WEFT.

Like you, I won't be producing this summer, and neither will Danielle,
if I recall correctly.

				-Clint