[Imc-radio] Dewey / Rosa

Clint Popetz clint at cpopetz.com
Thu Sep 9 13:20:22 CDT 2004

Hi all,

	Responding to Sandra's request for help with Dewey/Rosa, I
stopped by the IMC today.  Dewey was sitting in fsck; it must have
rebooted at some point, perhaps from a power failure.  One of the
drives (holding /usr) was hosed, but it was able to recover itself.
The errors it's giving indicate a possible hardware failure, so that
disk may be dying.  I'd recommend someone install the preferred server
OS (which for this group may not be freebsd, but rather debian) on
another of its drives, for safety's sake.  Perhaps when Zach gets
back, or maybe Arun.

	I couldn't reproduce the problem with SoundForge crashing on
Rosa.  I don't know much about Windows virus prevention/correction, so
someone with a knowledge of that might scan Rosa in the near future.

	Anyway, as is, dewey and rosa seem to be up and running.

				-Clint