[Imc-radio] Re: [Imc-tech] Dewey / Rosa

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Sat Sep 11 11:42:02 CDT 2004

perhaps we should look to buy a UPS also -- most of our power failures are
momentary (our landlord tends to overload the building's power supply
every 1-2 months).  but i agree, having some sort of backup for critical
documents would be a very good idea.

--sascha

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004, Clint Popetz wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> 	Responding to Sandra's request for help with Dewey/Rosa, I
> stopped by the IMC today.  Dewey was sitting in fsck; it must have
> rebooted at some point, perhaps from a power failure.  One of the
> drives (holding /usr) was hosed, but it was able to recover itself.
> The errors it's giving indicate a possible hardware failure, so that
> disk may be dying.  I'd recommend someone install the preferred server
> OS (which for this group may not be freebsd, but rather debian) on
> another of its drives, for safety's sake.  Perhaps when Zach gets
> back, or maybe Arun.
>
> 	I couldn't reproduce the problem with SoundForge crashing on
> Rosa.  I don't know much about Windows virus prevention/correction, so
> someone with a knowledge of that might scan Rosa in the near future.
>
> 	Anyway, as is, dewey and rosa seem to be up and running.
>
> 				-Clint

Sascha Meinrath
Project Manager & Pres.  *  Project Coordinator  *  Project Manager
Acorn Worker Collective *** CU Wireless Network *** Eggplant Active Media
www.acorncollective.com  *  www.cuwireless.net   *  www.eggplantmedia.com