[Imc-radio] Greetings from NRP'S new Senior Producer... submission changes

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Tue Aug 9 13:30:20 CDT 2005

FYI:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Greetings from NRP'S new Senior Producer... submission changes
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 11:14:56 -0700
From: Tena Rubio <tenarubio at gmail.com>
To: tenarubio at msn.com

Hello everyone...

My name is Tena Rubio. I am the new Senior Producer for National Radio
Project's
weekly public affairs program "Making Contact".  I just moved into my
new work
home in the Oakland, CA NRP offices last Wednesday and am excited to be
on board
and have the chance to work with you all.  It promises to be a
challenging and
exciting experience.

FYI - I am originally from Southern California, but completed my
undergraduate
work at UC Berkeley and received my Master's from American University
in Washington, DC.  My past life in media includes having worked for 5
years as a
producer/field producer and writer in mainstream TV news at various
affiliates
across the country.  However, after having my fill of "sweeps" style
reporting... sound bites over storytelling... style over substance...
advertising revenue over journalistic integrity... I found my way to
progressive news at Pacifica Radio's WPFW/89.3 in Washington, DC.
There I worked as a reporter, host and was the Senior Producer.

A year later, here I am.

Now... I'm sure most of you know the submission guidelines, but if you
are new
to National Radio Project (like I am), then please check out our website at
www.radioproject.org.  Go to "Get Involved" and click on "Suggest a Story."
After that, it's all up to you!

Starting now, please send your submissions to me at tenarubio at gmail.com.
Please
do not send your submissions to Justin Beck... as cool as he is.  As soon as
I get a "work" email... I'll let you all know.

I look forward to working and meeting many of you very soon.

All the Best,

Tena Rubio
Senior Producer
National Radio Project