[Imc-radio] RE: CPB update?

Sandra Ahten spiritofsandra at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 24 16:50:55 CDT 2005

Jason,

Please accept this as notice to the WEFT Programming Committee that IMC
radio news is asking for a hiatus from producing the show. We are indebted
to WEFT for their support and are hopeful that we will be able to work
together in the near future. We understand that we are giving up our slot
and will have to apply for any future show. We also understand that the
stipend for the show is at an end -- come the end of August and will not
necessarily be available to us for future shows -- but we hope it will if we
can propose a show which fits WEFTs needs.

We are happy that we have been able to consistently produce IMCRN for the
last 5 years and bring hundreds and hundreds of voices to the airwaves. We
are grateful for the opportunity it has given us to make significant impact
on the politics and landscape of Champaign Urbana. We are proud of the
number of people we have trained in audio production, including many who
went on to produce for other national and international programs. (This
summer one of our producers had an internship with Democracy Now!)

Thanks again.

Cordially,
Sandra Ahten

See my art at www.spiritofsandra.com