[Imc-radio] Re: [Imc] IMC Radio News

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 24 17:00:04 CDT 2005

Dave,
I think it is important to clear up what seems to be a misunderstanding.

As far as I can remember, any funding from WEFT derived from IMC Radio
News was intended to fund equipment and production costs of the show.
There has never been any intention or decision to use that money for
anything else, as far as I am aware.

The agreement to split income between the reporter/producer and the IMC
applies only to income from segments from IMCRN that were syndicated
outside the community, i.e. to FSRN, etc. This was intended as both an
incentive to do national broadcast quality level work, as well as to
encourage people to get involved in IMCRN by providing a source of
_potential_ income. If payment for any of that has somehow been
overlooked, please advise when it was and we'll get it straightened out.

AFAIK, there has never been any decision made to pay people for
producing IMCRN for WEFT, only for sharing income derived from any parts
of it that were syndicated outside the community.

I would be adverse to spending IMCRN funding on anything other than
equipment and specific production costs incurred (that can be documented
by receipts or otherwise) to produce a program.
Mike Lehman