[Imc-radio] radio update

Sandra Ahten spiritofsandra at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 5 02:41:42 CST 2005

Hats off to Dave who produced a great great show this week. Dave, I think it
is your best work ever. Great content and great work with interesting in and
out of music and voices. Well written. Well produced.

Next week: (Jan 10)Dave is putting together a piece from an interview
regarding consensual sex. (Hysteria). I am doing a little piece on Not One
Damn Dime day, (a non spending protest on inagural day).  probably some
update on the jail thing. Can someone do something on counter inagural
plans? Sarah will you do headlines again. Sorry you didn't get credited this
week. THanks for sending them in.

Jan 17. I am doing a piece on the death penalty/ year in review and the film
regarding the death penalty that will  be shown at the Art Theater... when
George Ryan and filmaker Johnson will be there to speak.

DAve wants to do more on mandatory minimums. (Don't forget about police
review board and that piece of music from bad cop no donut)

Dave will be contacting Chris at UPTV to find out what we need to do to get
slot for IMC radio news to be broadcast each week. He will talk to video
group about whether we should just use their "indymedia" newswire spot...
but we want more prime time spot. Dave had the great idea of using a visual
of fine art shots fading in and out. Sandra is going to write a "call for
art" and have artists submit jpeg of their artwork (through 40 north) (or
possibly just IMC newswire). Dave will be doing our video production with
the artwork to run with the IMCRN on UPTV

DAve is doing a great job uploading and getting the radio news posted to the
newswire each week. Thanks.

Also looking for local musicicans to submit music for IMCRNs. Perhaps will
do a call for this with call for artists.

Sandra