[Imc-radio] 1/11/05 radio minutes

Susan Kim skimtone at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 11 18:04:19 CST 2005

in attendance:

Sandra Ahten, Dave Berliner, and Sooz Kim

0. As Dave has stated, it was consensed at the meeting
that IMCradio news be renamed UC-IMC News.

1. Broadcast UC-IMC News on UPTV
Dave brought in applictions to become members of UPTV.

We intend to broadcast the UC-IMC News show on UPTV
with a video loop that would change every month (the
images that is).  Ben Grosser has offered photos.
Artists are invited to contribute images to show with
the audio.

Ideally broadcast twice a week at a newsy hour - 6pm,
if possible.

Dave will look into our software and computer options
for bringing audio and images together.  Hopefully on
Rosa.

Dave advises that images need to be NTSC with a black
background color.

Need to get a binder of instructions for radio
production.

2. upcoming stories
Sandra - death penalty
Clint - Ricky Baldwin interview
Sarah - TAGG and interview with Uncle

Suggestions:
Phil Huckleberry Ohio recount and instant runoff
voting, other voting alternatives

Interview with CCNOW about Roe V Wade anniversary

CounterInaugural - please arrange to call in if you
are going or take audio if going.

The primary in February?  A round of citizens speak?
Interviews with the candidates?  We will call for
interested parties to do the interviews on air.

Dave will produce a Citzen Speak on Urbana Politics

Scott will bring audio from Egypt/Gaza on women's
experiences in refugee camps.

3. Radio would like to help people record Rants at the
Anniversary Party.