[Imc-radio] psa

Sarah Lazare glue83 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 18 11:43:26 CST 2005

hi all, here is a general p.s.a. i wrote to promote involvement in radio.  i
pulled most of it from the radio group website.  does this look ok?  would
you like me to send it out to a bunch of people?

on the website, our meeting time is wrong - it says 5:30 on tuesdays instead
of noon.  i don't know how to fix this.

sarah

Do you have something to say?  Well, say it to your community… over the
airwaves!  The UCIMC Radio Group warmly welcomes folks who are interested in
producing, editing, and contributing to radio media.

UC IMCN is one of many “working groups” at the IMC. Volunteers produce a
half-hour local public affairs program broadcast Mondays at 5:30 PM on WEFT
90.1 FM. The collective meets every Tuesday at Noon at the IMC at 218 W.
Main St. in downtown Urbana. The collective also discusses shows and issues
on its listserv: radio (at) ucimc.org.

We are always looking for new members and fresh perspectives. No experience
is required to participate. All ages welcome. IMCRN provides training as
needed and as available. To get involved:
show up to our meetings: Tuesdays at noon at the IMC - 218 W. Main Street in
downtown Urbana
You do not have to be a member of the IMC to contribute, although regular
participants are encouraged to become a member ($50 annual membership, $25
for low income).

There are lots of ways to participate in the collective. Most of these are
rotating responsibilities.
·	Show Coordinator
·	Host – must be airshifter trained through WEFT
·	Headlines coordinator
·	Reporters and story gatherers
·	Headline writers and gatherers
·	Tech support on call
·	Documenters
·	Regular uploader of the show to the website
·	Cleaners and organizers (production room)
·	Meeting facilitators
·	Media geeks and idea generators