[Imc-radio] Equipment Needs That Dump and Run Can Satisfy -- Need Input ASAP

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Thu May 12 12:14:40 CDT 2005

I stopped by Dump and Run at the Y today. I will be going in on Friday
to work at least four hours and get the privilege of first pick/purchase
on a variety of studio gear -- mostly source inputs like CD players and
tape decks -- that will be useful for RFU.

I will also be trying to get at least one computer for RFU use. But they
have a variety of computer gear available, so this also be something
that is needed for other IMC uses. The current public computer is pretty
much trashed from what I hear. There will likley be a need for multiple
new/used computers at the new IMC, for both public and working group use.

Can someone give me the current minimum specs for computers that we
should meet? How many should I pick up, if they are available (and I
think they will be, based on what I was told)?

Do we want monitors? What kind (maybe only LCDs)?

They also have a variety of software. Anything I should look for in that
and what versions?

Anything else I should look for or know? Everything will be tested to be
sure it works.

I plan to use my own funds for WRFU needs, but am willing to get
assistance with this. I can consider also buying for other working
groups, depending on how cheap things are and whether anyone would like
to assist me in funding this, as well as any funding that working groups
may have available.

Please let me know ASAP what your needs are.
Mike Lehman