[Imc-tech] meeting?

Arun Bhalla bhalla at uiuc.edu
Mon Nov 6 14:00:10 CST 2000

"Zachary C.Miller" writes:
> Then after we have all that in place we can worry about software. We
> have two options figure out the existing IMC software by getting more
> connected with the exisitng IMC-tech community (pouring through
> mailing list archives, joining in on irc meetings, volunteering to
> help maintain the code, etc) or build our own software from familiar
> tools. Both are daunting tasks. I feel like the easy thing to do would
> be the latter but the communal and globally friendly thing to do would
> be the former.

My thoughts:

Certainly we don't have to get the IMC software fully setup to get going.
We should definitely get connected with the existing IMC community and use
the existing IMC software, if possible.  There's little reason not to use
the already-written software.  It may seem easier to write our own, but I
guarantee you, without knowing the internals of the software, that it will
be easier and faster to figure out how to get the IMC software up and running.
If it needs to be done, we can write up our process to make it easier for
other little guys.

It makes a whole lot of sense not to be a rogue IMC.

Arun