[Imc-tech] status report

Zachary C.Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Sat Nov 11 18:48:31 CST 2000

Molly, Sigfried, and I met today at OJC to hammer out software issues.

We found the IMC CVS server, got the files we needed, configured the
database tables, and things are _almost_ rolling smoothly except there
is a bug.

There is a file webcast/publish.php3 which has this line:

<form enctype="multipart/form-data" action="new_data-process.php3" method=post>

When I submit this form my apache server process segfaults immediately
and I get no output.

If I take out the enctype and just use:

<form action="new_data-process.php3" method=post>

Then the page loads but it says it did't get an author, title, and
summary even though I provided all that.

Is this a bug in my version of PHP? My version of Apache? Is it a bug
in the IMC code? Any ideas are appreciated. If anyone wants to help
debug I can provide access to my code.

I am running:
Apache/1.3.9 (Unix) Debian/GNU PHP/3.0.17 mod_perl/1.21_03-dev

If people could collectively search the big bad net for bug reports on
this kind of behavior it could really help us track down the source of
this problem.

We have submitted a request to the DNS people to get both
urbana.indymedia.org and champaign.indymedia.org to point to my
server. We will probably have 2 public email addresses
news at urbana.indymedia.org and tech at urbana.indymedia.org and also
imc-urbana at indymedia.org will point to our news list and will be the
globally advertsed address. For all of the above addresses the
champaign equivalent should also exist.

We haggled over whether to use the more include uc.indymedia.org or
chambana.indymedia.org but decided that both were too unclear to
people that are not from this area. We will probably only ever
advertise the urbana addresses unless we ever split into two IMCs but
the champaign addresses will be there for people who just type it in
randomly out of curiosity.

We will now go our separate ways and everyone will try simultaeously
to get to the bottom of this evil bug.

Hopefully Molly and Danielle can work on design/layout issues in the
meantime.

IMSA 1995 - UIUC 2000 - Just Another Leftist Muppet
Take it easy...but take it. - http://www.greens.org