[Imc-tech] progress!

Zachary C.Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Tue Nov 14 22:27:31 CST 2000

Alright!

I installed a fixed version of PHP3 to fix the multipart form bug.

I hacked a line of code to work around what appeared to be an
aggregious bug in the imc posting code. I will have to ask an IMC
techie why that line of code was wrong.

I did some crazy things with the database which makes it probably
completely non-secure. I have to learn postgres security stuff to
tighten that up.

I posted a test story and it worked! I uploaded a test MP3 and it
worked! I did a search for a story I posed and it worked! I posted a
comment to my second story and it worked!

Go here and play around, figure out what does and does not work and
let me know:

http://imc.cu.groogroo.com/active-new/news/

Now we just have to get the site merged with the new graphics and
design and we have to write some of hte background content and we have
to get our existing materials in there and we're good to go.  We also
need to get a streaming media server up so we can post streaming
files.

Before we start uploading real stories and such we should clear test
stuff out of the database.

Whee.

IMSA 1995 - UIUC 2000 - Just Another Leftist Muppet
Take it easy...but take it. - http://www.greens.org