[Imc-tech] Re: indymedia site

Zachary Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Mon Oct 9 12:45:50 CDT 2000

Molly Stentz wrote:
> Hey Zach,
> At Sunday's meetin' a small group of people signed on to the "tech team"
> for the indymedia site: me, Paul R, Ellen K, Brian H.

I just created a list for us. imc-tech at lists.groogroo.com with these
people and Arun Bhalla.

To sub/unsub People can go here:

To see who is on the list people can go here:
http://lists.groogroo.com/cgi-bin/roster/imc-tech

To read archives of the list people can go here:
http://lists.groogroo.com/mailman/archive/imc-tech/

> We're itching and raring' to go

Until I get my DSL stuff straightened out (they just have to send me
some config info, teh line is in and working) we can't actually set up
the server. Once I get that Arun or I can give appropriate people
access to the appropriate servers. It seems like it will make the most
sense to host it on Arun's machine.

In the mean time people can bone up on their PHP, review the
installation manual for the IMC software, and maybe someone can draft
a basic overview of what we have to do.

I think we can get the site up within a few days if the software is
really packaged at all decently. It should be a snap to get something
up. Then its just a matter of tweaking the layout and the look.

Someone might want to work on making a logo or other graphical stuff
for the site.

The more work other people can do the better for me, but I also don't
mind doing the install when the time comes if no one else is already
prepared to do it themselves.

--
Zachary C. Miller - Go We Go - http://wolfgang.groogroo.com/ - @=
IMSA 1995 - UIUC 2000 - Just Another Leftist Muppet