[Imc-tech] Re: Active version and upgrade

Zachary C.Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Mon Apr 23 03:06:07 CDT 2001

Dan,

You're my hero! I'm so happy to have someone kicking ass on the code
side so I don't have to feel bad for not doing this stuff while I'm on
sabatical.

We are running version with the CVS tag "rel1-42" with some local
modifications. The best thing to do would be to pull that revision
from their CVS server (xref the file new_city_imc_as_root which has
the commands used to check out a new version in it).

I'm not going to take time to comment on your proposed design changes
that you've already done (except to say thanks for doing them!) but I
would like to say that it might be best if you could work in a CVS
checked out tree rather than just working in a copy of the live
tree. Did I not send you CVS instructions for our local CVS'ed version
of the code?

This message has everything you need to know about our local CVS setup:
http://lists.groogroo.com/mailman/archive/imc-tech/2001-March/000141.html

It would actually be best if we got our CVS repository tagged properly
so that we could have a "vendor branch" for upstream updates and we
could figure out all the changes since the last vendor update so we
can apply them to new vendor updates.

I can't help with any of this, I'm on sabatical, but I can throw ideas
out there.