[Imc-tech] active software update?

michael dean brunelle brunelle at students.uiuc.edu
Wed Apr 25 07:46:46 CDT 2001

Hey kids,

I don't think that I'll be able to make it tonight, either.  Nevertheless,
there are three computers in the back that should be able to take linux,
but unless you happen to have a complete set of slakware floppies, you'll
have to stick a CD-ROM in one of them (there should actually be a drive
back there on Paul's old PC - try that -I'm told it works).  So yeah.
I'll try to come if I can get the rest of my schoolwork done and decide
not to go to another meeting instead.  Good luck, and see you all next
week.

-Mike

(honestly though, it might be simpler to take the one PC that's running
win 95 and install one of any number of programs that acts like a router -
I believe that these were mentioned before.  That would save a bit of a
pain, and since we don't have to pay for windows again and the real
priority is on doing something, you should consider this, as it could
easily be accomplished tonight, whereas installing linux might take 3
hours.  just a thought.  -mb)