[Imc-tech] IMC Website

Brian Hagy bhagy at urbana.indymedia.org
Sun Dec 23 22:16:17 CST 2001

On Sat, 22 Dec 2001, Michael Walcher wrote:

> I suggest we increase the size of font for the "event" and other things on the IMC HomePage along the top to help bring more attention to the COMMUNITY CALENDAR
>
> I am looking at the "calendar" and there are only 3 events posted , and usually most events never get posted ...
>
>     Also I wonder if you should the name of "Events" to "Calendar" and post something on the homepage to Help Advertise the Calendar and its ease of use...

Changing the font size or the name of the link isn't going to change the
behavior of people.  if people aren't using it now, there's no reason to
think that making cosmetic changes will have any significant impact.
getting people to know of this resource might be more effective.  perhaps
when we start the open stage/mic we'll be able to promote this more.

> ALSO I am noticing that "ADD YOUR OWN COMMENTS" does not appear on the NEWSWIRE?

ADD YOUR OWN COMMENTS isn't suppose to appear on the NEWSWIRE.  It should
appear at the end of each article posted to the newswire.  or at least,
that's the way i've understood the placement and function of the comment
section.  does this need to change?  if so, what purpose would it serve to
change it?  (what would people be commenting on?)

brian