[Imc-tech] IMC barter and trade

Michael Walcher solaraycer at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 23 17:09:35 CST 2001

 I emailed St Louis IMC questioning them about the Barter & trade i heard they are developing and this is the response i received !
Michael Walcher
Thomas Hallaran <thallara at watson.wustl.edu> wrote: Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 17:16:53 -0600 (CST)
From: Thomas Hallaran
To: Michael Walcher
Subject: Re: [imc-st.louis] barter and trade

Hey Michael,

I am developing a barter app in perl/mysql for the barter
page. Originally I was going to do it in c for the final project in my c
programming course but the task proved to daunting and so I have fallen
back on my language of choice for just about everything. If you want to
check out development I should be moving it to the IMC development server
kropotkin.indymedia.org some time soon and then anyone who wants to will
be able to help out/see it. Or if you don't care about source, when the
thing is done anyone will be able to download, install, and barter.

Simple model:

Jane posts a thing or service they have and optionally what they want
for it.

Jimmy sees jane's post and posts an a barter offer for Jane's Thing.

Thats basically it 'cept its suped up with user accounts and email
notifications and categories of things to barter and the ability to search
for what a person has or is looking to trade for(what they want), etc.

Still looking for a name for it, I was thinking 'cash sucks' or something.
Tom

http://www.Anti-War.net < A.W.A.R.E.>Anti-War Anti-Racism Effort

http://www.IGC.com  http://www.CARE2.com

Geat explanation of http://www.InstantRunOff.com IRV voting