[Imc-tech] paypal

Zachary C.Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Fri Feb 9 17:16:27 CST 2001

I have just verified our paypal account and activated their interest
earning mechanism. We now earn 5% interest on any money we keep in
paypal.

If we transfer $100 into paypal from our bank account (which costs us
nothing to do) we will get a $5 bonus from paypal. We can then
immediately transfer those funds back to our bank account or leave
them in the paypal account to earn interest at 5%. Let me know if I
should do this.

If new people sign up for paypal (such as when they send us a donation
for the first time) and use donations at urbana.indymedia.org as their
referer and they set themselves up for the money market then they and
we both get a $5 bonus.

I transfered $10 from my paypal account to IMC's paypal using the
donations button that is now on our website. It went through just fine
and $.30 was deducted by paypal.

I transfered the remaining $9.70 to our credit union account via
electronic funds transfer and it will appear there in a few days.

Sascha and I are currently the only people with the password for
paypal and the password for the credit union's online banking. People
with the password can manage the account by visiting
http://www.paypal.com and logging in with the email address of
donations at urbana.indymedia.org.

All the account history and functions are pretty clearly laid out
there.

IMSA 1995 - UIUC 2000 - Just Another Leftist Muppet
Ya Basta! - http://www.greens.org