[Imc-tech] newswire.rss

stefani banerian banerian at u.washington.edu
Mon Jul 9 00:07:11 CDT 2001

there have been a number of code upgrades.  i dont know what version you
have for imc-uc.
i've attache dsome of the files from the current version- a couple of
perl scripts, resulting file, and some php.

if you're interested in doing an upgrade, if you want to, via cvs, or
whatever, i am around to assist.

stefani b.
imc tech   global.

 -------

I am getting a very constant error in my error log of machines trying
to pull newswire.rss from my server.

The machines that are doing the pulling are indymedia machines
(stallman.indymedia.org, conway.cat.org.au) and they are doing it
fairly often.

My guess is that some recent version of the active software generates
an rss file so that other sites can include "headlines" from our site
in sidebars (like slashboxes on slashdot).

I seem to remember some discussion about this on global imc-tech at
some point but I don't read it anymore.

Could someone look into this and see what we have to do to conform
with whatever system they have set up. How do we generate the rss file
and where should we expect to see the headlines appearing and whether
we should notify any central registry of the fact that we've set up
our .rss file.