[Imc-tech] Front windows machine...

michael dean brunelle brunelle at students.uiuc.edu
Thu Jul 19 02:24:24 CDT 2001

One more thing, sorry, I snagged a bunch of memory for the remaining
compaq- the simms should still be on top of the box; I'm not sure how big
the SCSI HDD is in it, but it could be useful as a server, or perhaps a
minimal workstation.  If we're not going to use it, Prairienet could use
that memory back-we have a bunch of those compaqs almost ready to be
distributed.

and BTW, has anybody heard anthing about a company called newdeal; they
make a os/application suite that apparently does a  good gob of simulating
a M$ environment, but runs on as little as a 286 - their website is
http://www.newdealinc.com; this might be another way to improve the
functionality of our access stations (don't know how much $$, but there's
a 45 day demo available)

-MB