[Imc-tech] Student Projects -- call for proposals.

Sascha Meinrath meinrath at uiuc.edu
Tue Jun 12 11:27:12 CDT 2001

Hi all,

The Urbana-Champaign IMC will be hosting four groups of students over the
summer as part of a business writing class at the University of
Illinois.  The idea as of now is to have interested working groups propose
ways that students could be utilized on projects that involve writing
assignments.  Some quickly generated ideas include: outreach flyers to
different constituencies, monetary fundraising letters, informational
brochures about the IMC, grant writing, progress reports about different
IMC programs, and item donation solicitations and thank you letters.  I'm
sure you can generate many others.

If students choose to work on the project you propose, your working group
will oversee the students and will be responsible for keeping in contact
with the teacher of the course.  I oversaw a group of students last
semester, and it was fairly easy.  I think this is a great way to get some
extra help with those down-and-dirty heavy person-power projects we've all
been putting off.

I need to have your ideas ASAP (i.e. by the end of the week) -- it doesn't
have to be anything formal, just a paragraph about what students could
do.  The students will probably want to attend your working group meetings,
so think of this as a good way to recruit folks beyond just the summer
session.  The only constraint is that it has to be a writing-related
project.  Finally, please include a contact person for each proposal so
both the teacher and the students can contact you.

If you have any questions, let me know, and please get these proposals in
to me as soon as possible (even responding RIGHT NOW with a quick paragraph
would be GREAT!).

Thanks,

--Sascha