[Imc-tech] newswire.rss

Zachary C. Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Thu Jun 21 03:25:21 CDT 2001

I am getting a very constant error in my error log of machines trying
to pull newswire.rss from my server.

The machines that are doing the pulling are indymedia machines
(stallman.indymedia.org, conway.cat.org.au) and they are doing it
fairly often.

My guess is that some recent version of the active software generates
an rss file so that other sites can include "headlines" from our site
in sidebars (like slashboxes on slashdot).

I seem to remember some discussion about this on global imc-tech at
some point but I don't read it anymore.

Could someone look into this and see what we have to do to conform
with whatever system they have set up. How do we generate the rss file
and where should we expect to see the headlines appearing and whether
we should notify any central registry of the fact that we've set up
our .rss file.