[Imc-tech] meeting tonight

Zachary C.Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Wed Mar 21 12:48:38 CST 2001

techies:

At tonight's 6pm meeting we are supposed to do network wiring cleanup
and network closet organization.

Last week I worked with Sascha to get the electrical installed. On
Sunday I talked to Mike Lehman about building a shelf in the closet,
he was going to work on it, it may have magically gotten done since
that time. Maybe not.

The big thing I wanted to see done tonight was to get the landlords to
open up the basement and to go down to that very back dirt floor crawl
space area with boxes of cable tacks and tack up all the hanging wires
back there. Another thing that can be done is that any network boxes
which are falling off the walls can be screwed into the walls. I've
already done with with 2 network boxes in the production room and 1 in
the very front area. Also the labeling can be cleaned up
perhaps. Anything like that.

Or if no one feels like doing that stuff there is the usual "build
more computers" task. Or now that stuff is on the net "configure
computers with new software". Or "talk to Paul K about his friend that
has the iMac to donate and see if that donation is going to
materialize or not".

It would really make my life a lot easier if I could just skip the
meeting tonight. My bike is in the shop, I have work to do, I have a
radio show to prep for, and a limitted amount of time to do it all.

In exchange for me skipping the meeting I will make sure that the IMC
software is absolutely moved into CVS and a development tree set up
_tonight_ after my radio show.

What is up with the prairienet computers? Do we still think we may get
them by Saturday? If so I will be able to be in and out to help with
that but not all day.

Is this reasonable? Any questions?

IMSA 1995 - UIUC 2000 - Just Another Leftist Muppet
An amusing breakdown of how I want to spend 202 out of 168 hours every week:
http://wolfgang.groogroo.com/time.txt