[Imc-tech] new computers

Zachary C.Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Thu May 3 14:23:26 CDT 2001

If we were to build a cheap computer from completely new parts the
breakdown would be something like this:

(these numbers are from a brief skimming of mwave.com. I didn't do any
research on compatibility or capability of these parts, just found the
cheapest prices I could)

This is the basic system:

case and PS: $40
amd k6-2 w/ MB and 64MB RAM: $128
20GB harddrive: $80
nic: $20
floppy drive: $13
video card: $50

total: $330

I think we could bring down the price of that 20GB harddrive by
shopping around for smaller ones. I also think we could shop around
and get cheaper video cards.

We don't really have to buy these things for every unit because we've
got plenty of keyboards and mice already and not all machines need
sound cards.

keyboard: $8
mouse: $8
sound card: $12