[Imc-tech] the server

Zachary C.Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Fri May 4 13:11:51 CDT 2001

I would like to come in on Saturday and work on the server. Anyone
want to join me? I'd like to put a small amount of time into trying to
rebuild the K5 computer that I brought by since it will run the linux
install much faster...

To shut down the other server, try these commands:

# sync; sync; sleep 5; sync; halt

or

# sync; sync; sleep 5; sync; init 0

or

# sync; sync; sleep 5; sync; telinit 0

One of those should shut down the computer. If none of those work then try:

sync;sync;sleep 5; sync

and then turn the computer off physically.