[Imc-tech] answers

Zachary C.Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Thu May 17 07:59:45 CDT 2001

> 1) Why does urbana.indymedia.org use cookies?

Because my server (which hosts a lot of other things besides UCIMC)
sets a session tracking cookie for statistics purposes...because I'm
nosey. Along with configuring the logs to not record IPs for imc hits
I will look into disabling the session cookie for IMC hits.

> 2) Which color scheme do we want to use:

Note that all the different IMCs have different color schemes. I think
this is a good thing. They all have a consistent look but each is
unique. I'm happy to change our colors but we shouldn't change them to
the same as any other IMC. And we should let the graphic artist types
pick our colors, not the techies (Danielle, a graphic artist, picked
our current colors).

Personally I thought the black and white basic colors of your demo
site a while back was _great_. But no one else agreed. I'm a big fan
of black and white simple web pages.

Oh and can I also just say: Dan you rock.