[Imc-tech] imc global tech problems.

Sascha Meinrath meinrath at students.uiuc.edu
Tue Nov 27 09:00:54 CST 2001

i posted some info on the newswire and to the IMC list about what was
happening -- apparently the servers all went haywire & the backups had
some major compatibility issues.  the backup servers in australia are
being reconfigured in case anything like this happens again.  but it does
beg the question of how we can further distance our own website from that
of the main imc servers.  i think we should push to make everything
www.ucimc.org/whatever instead of urbana.indymedia.org/whatever.  since
the global network is already stretched to the breaking point, we can
probably expect that we'll have issues of slowness or breakage in the
future, i'd like to see us have an action plan in place in case this
happens.

--sascha