[Imc-tech] updates to group descriptions

L. Orion Weill orion at envirocitizen.com
Sun Apr 7 22:28:55 CDT 2002

Techies,

I noticed a few mispelled words, as well as much needed updates (i.e. the outreach group that no longer exists) that should be addressed on the group description page http://www.ucimc.org/volunteer.php3 . I went through and made some fairly important but inconspicous changes, which I have pasted below for review and passing. If any of these changes seem unnecessary or unfair, please let me know at orion at isenonline.org. Also let me know if I should post this elsewhere.
Orion

P.S.- How will these changes take effect. Can this be my official proposal?

Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center Working Groups
Fundraising, General, Librarians, News, Outreach, Print, Space, Steering, Tech
These are the groups that are active as of April 7, 2002. More groups will come into existence as the Center grows. If you don't see a group listed below for something you're interested in, check out a group that seems similar or come to a Steering Group meeting.

All group meetings are open to the public and all groups are eager to accept new members!

Meeting times updated April 7, 2002:

Fundraising and Finance
Description: Takes care of fundraising activities, including policies, soliciting 'founding funders,' and overseeing retail sales of food and beverages, books, periodicals, supplies, arts and crafts.
Meetings: 1st and 3rd Wed. of each month 7:00 - 8:00 PM @ IMC

General Membership
Meetings: Bi-annual.

Librarians and Archivists
Description: Responsible for building and maintaining the IMC's progressive library project and archiving of IMC related media materials, including print, audio, and other products of IMC.
Meetings: 2nd & 4th Tuesday of each month, 8:00 - 9:00 PM @ IMC

RadioNews
Description: Produces weekly radio show on WEFT 90.1FM on Mondays at 5pm. Weekly meetings include a run-down of important stories and events and are an opportunity to begin doing news or contribute audio. Trainings for audio production and air-shifting provided, attend a meeting or contact the group for details.
Meetings: Sundays 1:15 PM @ IMC, following the Steering Group meeting.

Print
Description: Assembles the IMC's monthly newspaper, the public i. To contribute an article or assist in editing or layout, contact the group or attend a meeting.
Meetings: Sundays 3 PM @ IMC.

Space
Description: Responsible for planning and execution of projects for the IMC's downtown storefront space, including building projects and meeting/performance space allocation and reservations.
Meetings: 1st and 3rd Wed. of each month 6:30 - 7:30 PM @ IMC

Steering Group
Description: Responsible for overall planning and decision-making that affects all IMC working groups. Each working group appoints two members to the steering group, but we invite the input and collaboration of everyone, as meetings are open to the public.
Meetings: Sundays Noon - 1 pm @ IMC
E-mail list: none

Technology
Description: Responsible for the tech and equipment needs of the Center, including the IMC website, computer networking, and electronics (audio and video). This groups needs people with experience in these areas or who are looking to learn.
Meetings: Wednesdays 6:00 - 7:00 PM @ IMC

See this years Election Day Drawing winners @ http://envirocitizen.org/drawing
Get a FREE Envirocitizen.com Email account --> http://www.envirocitizen.org/mail

Express yourself with a super cool email address from BigMailBox.com.
Hundreds of choices. It's free!
http://www.bigmailbox.com