[Imc-tech] dry pair idea:

David Young dyoung at ojctech.com
Wed Aug 7 13:41:24 CDT 2002

Sascha,

I have a Web article on this. I think Paul Riismandel sent it to imc-tech
or cu-wireless. It is on my bedroom floor somewhere. I will bring it to
OJC for you.

The phone company does not want to sell dry pairs to you, but I think the
law is on your side as their customer. You should do some research on the
applicable law (has something to do with the tariffs in place) so that
you have ammunition in the battle you will wage with McLeod/Ameritech.

Dave

On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 12:28:16PM -0500, Sascha Meinrath wrote:
> hi all,
>
> i had dinner with charlie kline last night and we were talking about
> options for the IMC and Zach's DSL line.  one thing he mentioned was that
> we should be able to connect Zach's house with the IMC with a dry pair of
> telephone wires and eliminate one of the DSL lines (and perhaps upgrade
> the existing one).
>
> does anyone know more information about this?  or who i could contact to
> learn more?  does anyone want to look into our options -- it could prove a
> substantial savings for the IMC.
>
> let me know,
>
> --sascha

dyoung at onthejob.net     Engineering from the Right Brain