[Imc-tech] rewritable gray matter

Mark Enslin enslin at prairienet.org
Sat Aug 10 17:26:00 CDT 2002

dear anyone who will answer what i hope are two trival questions:

1) in preparing last week's radio show, i had several wav files from
minidisk that i had edited in soundforge, plus one download in mp3, all of
which i wanted to burn onto one cd. i was able to open and listen to the
mp3 file with soundforge, and figured (perhaps incorrectly) that i could
treat it like the other files. With ez cd creator i burned an audio cd on
a disk in the upper drive (labeled for cd burning) of the several wav
files and the mp3. Three times all that resulted was a cd that played a
few clicks and didn't display tracks.

My guess is that i should have taken some steps to convert the mp3 file to
wav. If this is correct, i don't know how to do this and would like
guidance.

2) While I was working on mother jones, peter miller was working on
sergei. i was recording from mother jones onto minidisc, and peter was
hearing my audio on his headphones plugged into the stack next to sergei.
Is there a way to work on both machines at once without this interference?

thanks,
mark