[Imc-tech] Please remove me from your website

mfollmer mfollmer at students.uiuc.edu
Fri Aug 16 15:29:04 CDT 2002

To the Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center News and tech departments:

It has come to my attention that my name, and comments made to a DI reporter
are contained on one of the pages on your website, as part of a series
entitled "Hate Propaganda" part 3 of 4
(http://print.ucimc.org/front.php3?article_id=213&group=webcast). The young
woman, Nadine Malik, who's name appears on the byline, called me in the spring
and identified herself as a reporter for the Daily Illini. While I consented
to have my name and comments printed in the DI, I never gave my consent to
appear on your website. She never identified herself as being affiliated with
your group, or made it known that she was working on a story for you. Had she
fully disclosed her intentions, I would not have given her permission to use
my name. Please remove my name and my comments from your website immediately.

Sincerely,

Max Follmer