[Imc-tech] Re: UCIMC Server Down

Zachary C. Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Fri Aug 23 11:37:39 CDT 2002

Yes. We're back now though.

The lightning took my computer down hard twice in a row (despite my
UPS, the power fluctuations were severe and brief enough to somehow
reset my computer but not cause my clocks to blink).

So since it takes about an hour to reboot from a total crash (due to
fsck) and there is the possibility of data loss (especially if it
crashes again during the fsck) I just shut my computer off for the
night. I brought it back up this morning.