[Imc-tech] Re: [Imc] Steering Group Notes: 1/20/02

Paul Riismandel p-riism at uiuc.edu
Sun Jan 20 19:30:03 CST 2002

At 01:11 PM 1/20/2002 -0600, Sascha Meinrath wrote:
>Digi001: IMC would buy Digi001 & Paul K would sell his A-DAT and pay the
>IMC back.  Issues: We will need to build a sound booth to fully actualize
>the power of the soundcard; IMC would fully own the equipment until fully
>paid off.  Approved pending final quorum decision.

This is something that must be brought up at tech and decided by consensus
there before steering makes any decision on it, even if it prima facie
seems like a good idea.  Steering should not be buying any tech equipment
w/o tech first consenting, since the tech group will be responsible for
maintaining it.

We are not a top-down organization, no?  Since tech hasn't considered it
yet, I object to buying a Digi001.

  But I'm completely willing to put it on the tech agenda for this
week.  Wed @ 6pm.

--Paul