[Imc-tech] mediation proposal update:

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Sun Jul 14 13:16:01 CDT 2002

hi all,

steering group looked over the mediation proposal today.  i wanted to make
sure everyone was up to speed on the process we're following:

1.  TODAY: steering group did not have quorum (missing spokes from radio
newsgroup and tech), but passed the proposal unanimously pending agreement
from tech and news.

2.  the proposal is now posted in the IMC meeting minutes board (under the
steering group section).  the newsgroup spoke and tech spoke should look
it over _by next Sunday_ (the 21st of July) and let the steering group
know how they feel.

3.  at the July 21st steering group meeting we will discuss (and hopefully
pass) the proposal pending a public commentary period of 2 weeks.

4.  at the August 4th steering group meeting we will address and
incorporate public comments and put into effect the mediation document.
we will also make a public call for mediator volunteers.

5.  the steering group will choose an initial batch of volunteers for the
mediation list -- the hope is that the group will then be self-sustaining
and recruiting.

this is a fairly strict timeline that ensures that a process is put in
place in a reasonable timeframe while allowing for public comment and
discussion.  please take the timeline deadlines seriously and do your part
to help keep things on track.

on August 4th i hope that the UCIMC will have a working mediation system
in place.

peace,

--sascha