[Imc-tech] Re: mediation proposal (~=CONFLICT RESOLUTION)

Paul Kotheimer herringb at prairienet.org
Sun Jul 14 14:20:53 CDT 2002

hi all also,

just as a jargon clarification, "MEDIATION" is a term folks have been
using sort of interchangeably with "CONFLICT RESOLUTION."

if "CONFLICT RESOLUTION" at the IMC has been an issue-of-interest to you,
please do take a look at the "MEDIATION" proposal Sascha's talking about
here.

thanks
paulkotheimer:)

On Sun, 14 Jul 2002, Sascha
Meinrath wrote:

> hi all,
>
> steering group looked over the mediation proposal today.  i wanted to make
> sure everyone was up to speed on the process we're following:
>
> 1.  TODAY: steering group did not have quorum (missing spokes from radio
> newsgroup and tech), but passed the proposal unanimously pending agreement
> from tech and news.
>
> 2.  the proposal is now posted in the IMC meeting minutes board (under the
> steering group section).  the newsgroup spoke and tech spoke should look
> it over _by next Sunday_ (the 21st of July) and let the steering group
> know how they feel.
>
> 3.  at the July 21st steering group meeting we will discuss (and hopefully
> pass) the proposal pending a public commentary period of 2 weeks.
>
> 4.  at the August 4th steering group meeting we will address and
> incorporate public comments and put into effect the mediation document.
> we will also make a public call for mediator volunteers.
>
> 5.  the steering group will choose an initial batch of volunteers for the
> mediation list -- the hope is that the group will then be self-sustaining
> and recruiting.
>
> this is a fairly strict timeline that ensures that a process is put in
> place in a reasonable timeframe while allowing for public comment and
> discussion.  please take the timeline deadlines seriously and do your part
> to help keep things on track.
>
> on August 4th i hope that the UCIMC will have a working mediation system
> in place.
>
> peace,
>
> --sascha

THE HAND-MADE RECORD LABEL