[Imc-tech] Website Issue

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 26 13:13:59 CST 2002

This is just a heads up for everyone. The last two nights, we have had a
brief flood of three posts each evening. The pattern was the same three
posts posted around the IMC network. The first evening, I thought it was
slightly more mellow version of DAN, due to the subject matter and wide
distribution. Last night, the same thing happened, except that two of
the three posts contained a confession to murdering a cop. Since we all
know to take that which is posted on the Elsewhere Newswire with a grain
of salt, I simply linked the three posts together again, leaving one up
on the Newswire leading to the others, as we typically do when we have
three or more posts made in concert that appear to take up more than a
fair share of space on the Newswire.

Today, it _seems_ that the poster was arrested in New Hampshire for
murder. So we should be alert for devlopments. I doubt that any attempt
will be amde to go after our server as evidence, but hey, there is that
new Homeland Security nonsense, so who knows?

The first night's posts are linked together as comments to one of them
here:
<http://www.ucimc.org/newswire/display/8412/index.php>

Last night's are here (I didn't go to the trouble doing the comments
manually, just linking to the first story and hiding the others):
<http://www.ucimc.org/newswire/display/8419/index.php>
<http://www.ucimc.org/newswire/display/8420/index.php>
<http://www.ucimc.org/newswire/display/8421/index.php>

I posted some info on today's developments as a comment to #8419, but
here are links to stories on this elsewhere:
<http://www.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=219197&group=webcast>
<http://sf.indymedia.org/news/2002/11/1545450.php>
<http://sf.indymedia.org/news/2002/11/1545423.php>

I think there is no specific reason to hide the story at this point, but
others may have different levels of comfort about this. It is rather
problematic that a murderer may have used the IMC network as a platform,
but this is something that can happen anywhere on the net. So speak up
if you feel that we should be handling this differently until next
Sunday's Steering group meeting, when I'm sure that we'll discuss this.
Mike Lehman