[Imc-tech] Re: [Imc] Website Issue

John Wason jwason at prairienet.org
Tue Nov 26 17:02:33 CST 2002

At 01:13 PM 11/26/02 -0600, Mike Lehman wrote:

>I think there is no specific reason to hide the story at this point, but
>others may have different levels of comfort about this. It is rather
>problematic that a murderer may have used the IMC network as a platform,
>but this is something that can happen anywhere on the net. So speak up
>if you feel that we should be handling this differently until next
>Sunday's Steering group meeting, when I'm sure that we'll discuss this.
>
>Mike Lehman

I don't have an opinion about the technical aspects of how you handle the
links on the newswire, Mike.  And I haven't even looked at the posts yet.
I'm just curious why you find it "rather problematic" that a "murderer" may
have used - or may use in the future - the IMC network as a platform.

No doubt you have a well-reasoned opinion, and I'm anxious to hear it.  But
meanwhile, I will continue to think of the gentleman in question as an
"alleged murderer", innocent until proven guilty.  And I will hold to the
belief that at least two convicted murderers who come readily to mind -
Mumia and the Unabomber - nevertheless have worthwhile things to say.
Their right to speak, in my mind, doesn't stop at the prison door.

Respectfully,

John Wason