[Imc-tech] New website software

Clint Popetz cpopetz at cpopetz.com
Sat Sep 7 13:18:50 CDT 2002

On Sat, Sep 07, 2002 at 12:13:53PM -0500, Joe Futrelle wrote:
> 1. dada rox.

I agree, mostly.  It of course has it share of bugs.

> 2. I have had some minor probs with it.
> - I tried to re-rate an article b/c I accidentally rated it wrong, and I
> got this annoying, presumptuous error message that said "shame on you for
> trying to stuff the ballot box".  Can we just change this error message to
> something less obnoxious?  And why won't dada let me change my rating?

I will change the message to be less obnoxious.  As far as letting
you change your rating...that should be possible with a little work.
I'll look into it.

> - When I set up my username I got a confirmation email with a link.  When I
> followed the link it took me to an IMC page which had navigation on the
> left and right but was otherwise completely blank.  Not much feedback on
> what was going on.

Hmm.  I just tried setting up a new user and verifying, and it
worked.  What browser are you using?  I just re-enabled debugging on
the website; can you try again?

> - I got some database errors and the site appeared to hang when I tried to
> rate a comment.

I'm trying to fix that one right now.  Thanks for all the feedback!

			-Clint