[Imc-tech] Fwd: problems with Sergei and MoJo

Brian Hagy bhagy at urbana.indymedia.org
Tue Sep 10 12:56:15 CDT 2002

huh.  i know Mojo's hard drive is pretty full, that could also be helping
to slow things down.  there has always been time delays when trying to
save files across the network, as well as locking up of both sergei and
mojo while transfers have been happening.  i've tracked the problem to
that.  it's not that either computer is particularly sick (though mojo's
drive is pretty full, and sergei's is creapin up there as well, which does
make a difference).

until sehvilla said something, there has been no reports of sergei locking
up.  make sure the fan on sergei is on and pointing into the computer (not
up to the table, which i've found it doing before).  as well, make sure
the heat vent is turned on in the production room (that in itself makes a
big difference, for some reason).  i'll check into sergei and mojo, to see
if there are other problems.  if it's the network, though, then that'll
have to be handled by someone else.

thanks for the report sehvilla, clear and understandable.  it helps us out
a lot.

brian