[Imc-tech] [Imc-finance] re: about streaming media servers (fwd)

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Fri Apr 18 11:02:15 CDT 2003

FYI:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 17 Apr 2003 17:27:30 -0700
From: Agent Humble <humble at monkeywrenchcafe.org>
To: imc-tech at lists.indymedia.org
Cc: imc-finance at lists.indymedia.org
Subject: [Imc-finance] re: about streaming media servers

Hi there,

We've setup another machine here in Vancouver (shiva) devoted to
streaming. It's presently just running Darwin Streaming Server for
special projects where the bandwidth is being covered as we don't want
to get swacked with more bills.  However, I'm completely happy to put it
at IMC's disposal if the bandwidth would be covered by a sponsor paying
cash in unmarked small bills -- euros, preferably ;-)

My preference would be to support technology that's open source (ogg,
vp3, etc.) and P2P (streamer, peercast, etc.)

Let me know...

humble