[Imc-tech] Re: what's up with groogroo?

Zachary C. Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Mon Aug 18 12:38:01 CDT 2003

I have an order in with McLeod as of Friday for a SDSL line. I am
waiting for a phone call back from them today confirming the details
(price, install date, etc).

I am working today with Josh from Sol Tec on our SBC/Soltec ADSL
line. There are several experiments that we are going to try.

I have gotten Josh from Sol Tec to give me access to the router, I'm
going to use that to write a script to reboot the router whenever the
packet loss goes above a certain level.

I'm shopping around today for a Netopia router which (based on
anecdotal evidence) works better in situations like this.

I now have access to the router and so will write a script today to
reboot the router (by logging into it and issuing a reboot command)
whenever the packet loss goes above a certain threshhold.

Moving groogroo over to the IMC would be fairly non-trivial. This is
an option if things don't get taken care of soon. I am going on
vacation from Wednesday until Monday. There's no way we could handle
the server move before then. Any ill-planned server move we did would
probably mean 2-3 days of downtime for all groogroo hosted sites.