[Imc-tech] Two upcoming IMC Promo Events

lamers lamers at students.uiuc.edu
Thu Aug 21 13:51:53 CDT 2003

Greetings!

As most of you know, U of I is starting up again next week. At the beginning
of each school year the university hosts QUAD DAY, an opportunity for
organizations on and off campus to let students know of their existence. This
event is extremely well attended and is a great opportunity for outreach. This
year Quad Day is on Tuesday, August 26 from 10-4. We will need as many
volunteers as possible (as in A LOT!) to sit at the table and distribute
flyers, etc. We will have a basic IMC flyer at the table, but if you would
like one for your working group, please let me know ASAP, so we can arrange to
have enough copies.

To volunteer for an hour or more... please email your availability to Nikki at
lamers at uiuc.edu. I will put together a schedule and send it out. We mostly
just need bodies who can explain in 30 seconds or less what the IMC does, pass
out a flyer and direct people to any lists they might want to sign up for.

SECOND EVENT....

A few of us were thinking that a good follow-up to Quad Day, IMC Fest, and
WEFT Fest would be an IMC OPEN HOUSE on Sunday September 7th from 2-4pm
followed by a staffing training from 4-4:30.

What we need from each group is one or two people to speak for about 10
minutes about what your group does and maybe provide some examples. The first
hour-ish will be general presentations, and the second hour will be time for
people to wander and talk to specific group reps about their interests, etc.

Please let me know if your group can have someone present, or if you have any
ideas for the open house or who to invite. I think this will be a very good
opportunity to let people find out about the IMC and where they can fit in.

Also, any volunteers to give a general overview/history of the IMC would be
greatly welcome!

So one more time, any questions, ideas or concerns (and wishes to
volunteer!!!!) contact Nikki at lamers at uiuc.edu or (217) 766-1360.

Have a lovely day!
Nikki