[Imc-tech] IMC gateway down?

Clint Popetz clint at ucimc.org
Wed Jul 16 10:07:44 CDT 2003

On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 09:21:12PM -0500, David Young wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 02:28:17PM -0500, Zachary C. Miller wrote:
> > The electricians are working on the gallery and performance space
> > wiring today (and probably for the next few days) so power will be up
> > and down at the IMC.
>
> Oh. =)
>
> The gateway was stuck because it wanted a keyboard to be attached
> (press F1 to continue, etc.).  I found a keyboard by the trashcan, so
> I plugged it in. I've put a note on the keyboard, saying that it should
> be left alone.

That's a good use for the keyboard in the trash can, because it was
dead.  (It was killed by a power surge a week ago during a storm.)

The keyboard on dewey was migrating between dewey and the gateway,
depending on which machine needed troubleshooting.  We should be able
to tell the BIOS on the gateway to ignore the non-existence of a
keyboard.

> If it is not too much trouble, CUW would still like to work out
> something where people can make a direct connection from the
> Internet to the IMC node.

You'd have to elaborate before I could tell if it would be too much
trouble.  Or you could do it yourself...the root password is pretty
well known.

				-Clint