[Imc-tech] Production room logons

Clint Popetz clint at ucimc.org
Tue Mar 11 09:57:23 CST 2003

Hi all,

	As previously announced, the production room machines no
longer have an "audio" account.  Also, the "staffing" account in the
domain has been removed, so that "staffing" can only be used to login
to the staffing machine.  (The existence of this account was a
historical anomaly.)  In general, the production room equipment is not
for:

		(a) doing your homework
		(b) writing papers
		(c) browsing the web
		(d) checking your email
		(e) downloading porn

The production room is for media production.  Everyone doing media
production should have an account at this point; if not, please
contact me.  Please don't share your account with others so that they
can do (a) through (e).

(A few nights ago a radio news person was unable to do voiceovers
because people were hanging out in the production room, playing music
and browsing the web on sergei.  Hence my slightly irate tone.)

				-Clint

--
Clint Popetz  		         Home:  217-398-4186
  Urbana-Champaign               IMC:   217-344-8820
    Independent Media Center     Email: clint at ucimc.org
      Radio News Coordinator	 USPS:  502 W. Washington Champaign, IL 61820