[Imc-tech] simple question and thanks

peterm at shout.net peterm at shout.net
Sun Nov 9 19:18:56 CST 2003

First, thanks for fixing the media upload feature of ucimc.org.  It was
really nice to try it out (again) and find that it worked.  I've used it a
few times recently, and I've encouraged people to upload their media to
ucimc rather than radio4all.net since the download speeds are so bad at
radio4all.

The second thing is small--I'm trying to write the connection string for a
Microsoft Access page, and I'm having difficulty figuring out where
exactly my database is located on the web.  I remember seeing someone
(probably Zach) execute a command that revealed the details of a URL, but
I forgot what it is.  For instance, if www.petermiller.org were hosted at
groogroo, but I were coming in from the outside and didn't know is was at
groogroo, what command would I be able to use to find that out?

I hope that's a well-formed question.

Thanks,
Peter