[Imc-tech] Jacks and the library computer

Clint Popetz clint at ucimc.org
Fri Oct 10 08:30:11 CDT 2003

On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 05:23:32PM -0500, knutson ellen marlene wrote:
> I just thought I would let the tech folks know that I've connect Jack 10A
> to the hub. In order to do this I unhooked Jack 3B. Which I couldn't
> figure out wheter it went to, and their was no link light on the hub so I
> thought it was safe. If jack 3B needs to be hooked up, I would like a
> suggestion of what could be unhooked so the library computer in back can
> be functional.

The best thing to do when unhooking a jack at the patch panel is to
see if anything is plugged into that corresponding jack.  But of
course, to do that, you need to know where 3B is :)  I'll look next
time I'm there.  (I usually just walk around until I find them.  If
anyone has a list, please let me know.)

> Also right now the library workspace feels very closterphobic because it
> also doubles as the storage space, and right now there are an awful lot of
> computers back there. Can any of the equiptment back there be gotten rid
> of?

AFAIAC, we should get rid of all of it except the parts-in-boxes on
the metal shelf.  The Macs never got used even when I had them hooked
up.  Most of that stuff is junk.

				-Clint