[Imc-tech] Re: IMC-US website on groogroo server:

Zachary C. Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Thu Sep 25 13:56:49 CDT 2003

I do not want anyone else to rely on us until our infrastructure is
seriously improved. I'm working on that when I get back...but who
knows, maybe McLeod and Volo will both suck. I'm starting to think
seriously about doing a Colo somewhere.

Anyway, we definitely do not have the available resources to host
US-IMC right now. Our bandwidth is very often maxed out and a national
IMC site is certain to have lots of high bandwidth stuff. We're not
the right people to be serving this. US-IMC needs to be on a T-1 or a
colo.

Perhaps if all the improvements that I'm working on all work well then
maybe it'd be worth it but right now I feel VERY overwhelmed with the
number of people that rely on Groogroo that are completely let down by
all the downtime. I want to take care of them, make sure they are well
served, before piling on some HUGE new project. Sure it wouldn't be
extra work maintaining the site, but dealing with the increased demand
on resources and the increased number of people bitching at me when
things out of my control take the site down would be hugely
stressfull.

Now if US-IMC can put a bunch of money in the pot (say a few thousand
up front and $200-$500/month) then things may be different.